Autotools

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:04:35 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The question is
> whether we install /usr/bin/auto* just for beauty (with no intention to
> call it), or for a functional purpose. As far as I can remember the past
> discussions, autotools are a part of the development platform that LFS
> aims to be.

You make a good point.  The question in my mind is which versions
(plural) of autotools should be installed?  Perhaps the most recent
version and then a discussion of the issues and a generic "install
additional versions as required like this" section would be more
appropriate than us trying to decide in advance what versions a
developer will need.

  -- Bruce