Autotools

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Dec 7 10:39:42 PST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:26:31AM -0700, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Well, I've long wanted to get rid of the autotools from LFS but for purely
> selfish reasons (I've never had a need to use them, so their relatively
> long SBU times caused by their testsuites are rather painful to bear).

And I've used them several times myself -- not just for other packages,
but for a couple that I wrote, too.  ;-)

Basically, if they get removed from LFS, I still want to see the latest
version tracked somewhere; whether that's BLFS or whatever doesn't
really matter to me, as long as it's somewhere.  And I don't think you
were saying we should remove it completely, but I still want to make it
clear: I do use the autotools.  :-)