Book rendering

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Mon Dec 11 03:04:38 PST 2006

El Lunes, 11 de Diciembre de 2006 07:00, Luca escribió:

> In blfs-book-sources Makefile there's the target "make tex" that has the
> dependency of db2latex; the latter is not installed in blfs-book (I
> installed it following the stylesheets installation); when I tried
> passing "make tex" it broke (don't remember exactly the point).

Yes, it's broken. In the first xsltproc command the --xinclude option is
missing. And when generating the blfs-book.tex file the parsing fails with:

compilation error:
file /usr/share/docbook/db2latex-xsl-0.8pre1/xsl/qandaset.mod.xsl line 366
element template
xsl:template: error duplicate name 'question.answer.label'

That is due a bug in db2latex that could be avoided by commenting out the line

<xsl:include href="qandaset.mod.xsl"/>

in db2latex-xsl-0.8pre1/xsl/docbook.xsl.

The parsing will still output several errors but blfs-book.tex is created. I
don't know if that tex file can be compiled due that that don't have
installed TeX or LaTeX right now, but the last time I tried, more than 2
years ago, the PDF generated was bugy and very ugly.

> Can you explain me about the possible tex target and not including in
> blfs the required dependency?

Due that db2latex stylesheets are buggy and unmantained.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia