Udev config

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jun 7 07:37:59 PDT 2006

I wrote:
>> New udev config is available at:
>>
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~alexander/udev-config/udev-config-20060607.tar.bz2
>

> Don't use it! I missed some bad changes between the old tarball and the
> SVN repository. Will fix shortly...

Replacement:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~alexander/udev-config/udev-config-20060607-try2.tar.bz2

This time actually tested, but not based on the SVN repository at cross-lfs.org.
I wrongly assumed that the contents of that repository is just unmodified
20060515 tarball. Thus, the following changes between that tarball and the
repository are reverted:

  * Comments in files with rules.
    - Nobody reads comments. And they belong to a separate book about kernel and
udev, to be maintained in cross-lfs.org repository.

  * Rework of permissions:
    - Some of the changes were just wrong (e.g., assigning /dev/tty the 0622
mode), and I will redo this work anyway, consulting the kernel source to see in
which case dangerous ioctls (at least for non-TTY devices) are allowed.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov