Udev config

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:12:06 PDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

>   * Comments in files with rules.
>     - Nobody reads comments. And they belong to a separate book about kernel and
> udev, to be maintained in cross-lfs.org repository.

I'd appreciate if the comments were left in for now.  While I agree
that 90% of people will not read the comments, they will come in very
handy for those who want to learn more (me) or people having issues
with udev.

If they are to be removed from the rules files, then I'd like them to
be moved into documentation as you suggest above.  Since it could be a
while before a separate book is created for kernel/udev, can we keep
the comments in for now?  When I get some time (a week or two; I'm
being crushed at work right now) I'll strip out the comments from the
rules files, possibly creating a doc/ subdirectory in the tarball with
these notes and anything else I find relevant (like the information
about setting up persistent CD links).  Down the road, if/when a
formal book is created, these notes can go away.  I'll be sure to ask
for your input on any documentation I create.

What do you think about that?  If you don't want to revert any
changes, please make sure that there is an older copy available with
the comments intact.  Is the below tarball the basis for the current
set you created?  Are the CLFS rules included in your tarball?

http://downloads.linuxfromscratch.org/udev-config-20060515.tar.bz2

--
Dan