Minor issue in chapter 7 <Not critical>

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:53:44 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> > the command in this section is
> > LC_ALL=[locale name] locale country
>
> > when using the above locale in place of the [locale name] prints a new
> > line nothing more.
>
> That's a real bug in the book, thanks for the report. Please either change the
> command to:
>
> LC_ALL=[locale name] locale country_name

Just to confirm, I see the same behavior with `locale country'.
However, I see proper output using `locale country_name' regardless of
the locale name format.

$ LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 locale country
$ LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 locale country
$ LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1 locale country_name
USA
$ LC_ALL=en_US.iso88591 locale country_name
USA
$ LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 locale country_name

--
Dan