Outstanding issues for LFS-6.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:48:30 PDT 2006

On 6/20/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 06/20/06 13:31 CST:
>
> > * Linux-2.6.17 or stick with 2.6.16 series?
> >
> > * Package updates within same series (udev, e2fsprogs, shadow, bison?)
>
> If we keep mentioning these types of issues, we will *never* get a
> book out. Package updates (security issue with the kernel, is one
> that we may *have* to do, else it just becomes errata) should be
> the absolute last thing in the world we should be thinking about.
>
> Especially shadow, that one right there would take a complete rebuild
> of my test system. Sigh.....

OK.  I meant that they need to be evaluated.  Shadow?  Probably not
worth the effort.  Bison?  Probably not worth the effort.  Linux?
This book has been pretty widely used against 2.6.16, so maybe it's
not worth it.  But if something is just a bug fix, then it might not
take more than bumping the version.  Just needs to be evaluated.

--
Dan