specs patch

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 20 20:21:54 PDT 2006

Hi. I don't seriously expect these hideous commands to be added to the book,
but they should be usefull with future gcc versions to make a new patch
quickly. We can replace the specs patch with the following commands:

find gcc/config/ -name "*linux*.h" | xargs sed -e \
	's@/lib/@/tools/lib/@g' -e 's@/lib64/@/tools/lib64/@g' \
	-e 's@/usr/lib@/tools/lib at g' -e 's@/usr/lib64@/tools/lib64 at g' \
	-e 's@/lib32/@/tools/lib32/@g' -i &&
sed -e 's@/lib/ld.so@/tools/lib/ld.so@' -i gcc/config/rs6000/sysv4.h &&
echo '
/* Remove /usr/include from the end of the include search path.  */
#undef STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR
#define STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR 0' >> gcc/config/linux.h

This command creates the following additional changes compared to the
gcc-4.1.1-specs-1.patch, none of which are a problem:

====================================
In: gcc/config/arm/linux-eabi.h
-#define LINUX_TARGET_INTERPRETER "/lib/ld-linux.so.3"
+#define LINUX_TARGET_INTERPRETER "/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.3"

In: gcc/config/i386/gnu.h
-      %{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker /lib/ld.so}} \
+      %{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker /tools/lib/ld.so}} \

In: gcc/config/i386/linux.h
-/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /lib/elf.  */
+/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /tools/lib/elf.  */

In: gcc/config/m32r/linux.h
-/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /lib/elf.  */
+/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /tools/lib/elf.  */

In: gcc/config/m68k/linux.h
-/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /lib/elf.  */
+/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /tools/lib/elf.  */

In: gcc/config/sparc/linux.h
-/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /lib/elf.  */
+/* If ELF is the default format, we should not use /tools/lib/elf.  */

In: gcc/config/sparc/linux64.h