Outstanding issues for LFS-6.2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 26 04:02:23 PDT 2006

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> The latest glibc and gcc releases are atleast 3 months old (which in
> terms of LFS timeline is a long time). What is the point in releasing
> a book that is obsolete even before it is published? I would vote for
> updating the book to glibc-2.4.x and gcc-4.1.x and then stablize that
> before releasing the next version.

Well, I'm happy to upgrade the toolchain on the understanding that this
will set a 6.2 release back by at least another 6-8 weeks.  It also
means that all of the stabilisation work done by the BLFS team is more
or less negated as they've been under the (until now) pretty safe
assumption that the toolchain was pretty much set in stone.  For that
reason, I'd much prefer to release 6.2 a.s.a.p then have a release
another 2 or 3 months down the line with an upgraded toolchain, assuming
it can stabilise in that time.

Regards,

Matt.