Outstanding issues for LFS-6.2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 26 08:59:37 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I propose to send all a message asking for a statement assigning of the
> copyright for their contributions to Gerard.

I don't think copyright assignment is necessary, and is actually likely
to hinder progress as it is a legal process which will likely take time
and money to sort out.  Rather, the email should simply request the
author's permission to distribute any contributions those authors have
made under the terms of the new license.  Copyright assignment, if
desires, can be sorted out at a later date, I think.  I'm obviously not
a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I believe the above is sufficient.

Regards,

Matt.