audio group [was: Rally the Troops LFS/BLFS/CLFS/Livecd too

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 1 08:07:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:00:16AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> In my opinion, expecting someone to read the beginning discussion
> for each section is unreasonable. We provide some information here,
> but nothing critical to build, or use, a package.

Why would it be unreasonable? If education is a goal, I don't see how
those overview sections are unreasonable. A firm grounding in the
overall concept before tackling a particular subsystem is a very good
idea. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of autonomous, loosely-connected
build scripts. And the book already directs the reader how to approach
the book, so mentioning these section intros is all that would be needed
to satisfy the book's responsibility for getting someone to read them.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs