Fwd: Bash-3.1.17 gets lost looking for end of string in certain contexts

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 1 18:34:09 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 06:37:39PM -0600, Archaic wrote:

> This issue was fixed around 3.1.10. If the patches were created properly
> by us and applied properly by you, then this should not happen. I'll
> look into it. Thanks for the report.

Hrmm, the patch is right, and the only upstream patches that touch
parse.y (the file where the original fix was implemented) are the 011
and 012 patches which have been incorporated since our -5 and -6 patches
respectively. No one has reported a problem. I cannot personally attest
to the latest -8 patch, so it boils down to this being an upstream error
with one of their patches (015, 016, or 017), user error, or a new bug.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs