Rally the Troops LFS/BLFS/CLFS/Livecd too

steve crosby steve.crosby at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:40:48 PDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Matt Darcy <lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk> wrote:
> steve crosby wrote:
> > On 5/1/06, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kdzbn.homelinux.net> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> a setup.  The sticking point would be programs that include linux/<x>.h
> >> or asm/<x>.h, if there are any.  And it sounds like there are glibc
> >> alternatives to all of those headers anyway, so it would be the program
> >> that's broken.  (Unless it's Linux-specific.)
> >>

> > iptables is one such application - currently non functional with jim's
> > script created headers, but have yet to identify why.
> >
> > --
> > -- -
> > Steve Crosby
>
> Once again a totally pointless discussion about iptables and specific
> headers,
>
> What part of this threads topic was not clear ?

<snip>

My intent was to identify that one of the options provided in the
thread (Jim's work with the linux headers) has problems, as it's
currently not working with certain applications outside of LFS.
Perhaps I should have been more clear in the comment I made.

I'll leave the discussion about the use\utility of discussions in
mailing lists well alone in the interests of world peace.

--
-- -
Steve Crosby