Udev error in serio with IBM TrackPoint

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed May 3 22:48:27 PDT 2006

Chris Schwemmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a build of LFS-SVN (latest version). So far everything works
> fine, but during bootup I get an error message from udevd and the "Send
> this bugreport..." message.
> When the udev bootscript is running, I get this message on my terminal:
>
> udevd-event[992]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for
> '/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/bus' failed
>
> Right after it, the kernel reports:
>
> IBM TrackPoint firmware: 0x0e, buttons: 3/3
> input: TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint as /class/input/input3
>
> (serio0/serio2 is the TrackPoint).
> The bugreport file is attached.

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done
immediately to solve this kernel bug. I will forward this to the linux input
development list soon.

For now, I suggest removing the /etc/udev/rules.d/90-bug.rules file, because
this device is not critical for booting the system. This suggestion applies only
to you, not to anyone else.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov