Udev error in serio with IBM TrackPoint

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed May 3 22:55:53 PDT 2006

I wrote:
> Chris Schwemmer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running a build of LFS-SVN (latest version). So far everything works
>> fine, but during bootup I get an error message from udevd and the "Send
>> this bugreport..." message.
>> When the udev bootscript is running, I get this message on my terminal:
>>
>> udevd-event[992]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for
>> '/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/bus' failed
>>
>> Right after it, the kernel reports:
>>
>> IBM TrackPoint firmware: 0x0e, buttons: 3/3
>> input: TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint as /class/input/input3
>>
>> (serio0/serio2 is the TrackPoint).
>> The bugreport file is attached.
>
> Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done
> immediately to solve this kernel bug. I will forward this to the linux
> input development list soon.
>
> For now, I suggest removing the /etc/udev/rules.d/90-bug.rules file,
> because this device is not critical for booting the system. This
> suggestion applies only to you, not to anyone else.

This was my mistake. Try this instead:

In the 05-early.rules or 10-wait_for_sysfs.rules (depending on the LFS version),
edit the line that talks about ENV{PHYSDEVBUS}=="?*" so that it reads in the
following way:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM!="input", DEVPATH=="/devices/*", ENV{PHYSDEVBUS}=="?*",
WAIT_FOR_SYSFS="bus"

Does this remove the bug report?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov