tar tests

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Sun May 7 03:45:33 PDT 2006

Archaic wrote:
> Please post on lfs-support. This is an error on your end, not the
> book's.

The error is on tar's end.

I've solved the problem and it's in tar tests! I wanted to send the bug
report to tar mailing list but it had already been there for nearly
tar-1.13 (look at the link in my previous post).

In other words, everybody could generally have the same error. I think
the book should speak about the possibility of this error while testing
tar so I sent the post here.

Am I wrong?

BTW, before I understood what the error is I had posted to lfs-support
and nobody seemed interested in it :(

--
Nothing but perfection
pv