tar tests

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Sun May 7 14:39:07 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> That patch fixes up the errors?  That's good.  I've never gotten that
> error before, so I'll have to trust you.
>
> sed -i 's/tar xfv.*/& | sort/' tests/pipe.at

Oops!

I've just checked it, and it doesn't work. After the sed'ing make tries
to make tests/testsuite and it cannot do it because (it seems) some
sources for testsuite are missed in the tarball. The solution is to
patch testsuite directly.

The _tried_ command to fix the error should be executed
before ./configure and it looks as follows:

sed -i 's/tar xfv -/& |sort/' tests/testsuite

--
Nothing but perfection
pv