Getting 6.2 ready for testing

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 7 16:18:25 PDT 2006

Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 01:02:01PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> Given that, can we mark which ones we want/need to have done before we
>> branch for testing and then set a branch target date?
>
> The two marked high must be done before branching. The rest are textual
> (expect for the now commonplace kernel upgrade). I'll get the kernel one
> done probably today.

Once you get the kernel in, unless there's another release before we're
ready to branch or one is released after we branch with security fixes,
I say we freeze kernel updates.

Randy, this should answer your question about the kernel version. Not
sure about inotify.h but I know there's been discussion about it (can
you tell I wasn't paying much attention?). I'd have to go re-read all
the posts so far on that topic first.

--
JH