RFC: new/changed udev rules - Part 1

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Sun May 14 20:09:49 PDT 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> NAK: racy. The helper script assumes that new devices don't appear in
> /sys during operation.

So far in the testing we have had done, no issues have come up, we have
tried it with older hardware along with newer hardware.

So far my system that has 4 ide cd drives and 4 scsi devices, hasn't
seen any problems. From what I can see there has to be some way in sysfs
that we can use instead of using the Debian method, which something
about that script bugs me(a script that writes rules for itself doesn't
seem right to me)