RFC: new/changed udev rules - Part 1

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 14 22:29:42 PDT 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 10:20:57PM -0700, Jim Gifford wrote:
> Dump the cdsymlinks scripts altogether and use the existing tools that
> we have installed with udev. Use path_id and setup the rules based on that.

This doesn't give device persistence, but rather location persistence.
I've started a new thread that adds much more to think about. And yes,
dumping the script and using the pre-existing tools is the way to go if
we switch to manual creation of these rules.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs