Suggestions for the book

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri May 19 21:28:52 PDT 2006

r3al1tych3ck wrote:
> No, I think there is a clarity problem about what user are you.  I have
> gone over this in detail in cross-lfs.  However, I believe it was
> largely ignored.  It did not actually cause me problems.  It was just on
> observation based on experience.  "As root execute..."  Well, that means
> you are NOT root.  But, the general consensus seems to be, "stupid
> idiot, it does not matter the book lacks clarity and consistency, you
> suck".

I just saw your comment there (at least I think that's what you were
referring to - was it this?
http://ninja.linux-phreak.biz/pipermail/clfs-dev/2006-May/000074.html).
I do think you have a valid complaint there, but that is a single
specific issue with one section of the book, not a general "clarity"
problem with the whole thing - for the most part, the LFS and Cross-LFS
books are pretty easy to follow. Also, if you think there is anywhere
else in {,C,B}LFS that has issues, please specify what they are.