LFS-6.2 release plan [was Re: GNOME-2.14 Status]

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 21 07:27:01 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> 3. I thought LFS would have already by now put a package freeze
>    so that we can get a new release out (hint, hint)

Yeah, I know.  Real life has been getting in the way.  I should be able
to declare a package freeze some time this week.  The plan will be:

1) Package freeze (Wed. 24th)
2) Cut an RC1     (Wed. 24th)
3) Release (Wed. 31st)

Obviously, further RCs will be released as required following testing
from the community.  Each RC will be followed by a 1-week soak period.

Anyone having issues with any of the above feel free to point fingers
and laugh in my general direction, oh and anything more constructive
would be appreciated too :-)

Regards,

Matt.