Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:24:03 PDT 2006

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Rather than creating a whole new package, why don't you just list what
> you don't like about the current LFS rules?  Or has this been done
> before and I missed it?
As far as I know both sets of rules work exactly as they're intended to.
There is nothing wrong with either set of rules. The only problem is
that they're 2 almost completely different sets of rules in terms of
their layout. Ideas have been shared to get them to the state they are
know but they still have their differences. It would be nice from a
debugging standpoint to have one common set of rules.