Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:37:34 PDT 2006

On 5/22/06, Jim Gifford <lfs at jg555.com> wrote:

>     We in CLFS have our udev rules. LFS has their udev rules. BLFS is
> going to have their rules. Here is what I'm proposing.
>        Making a unified package of rules, with targets make install-lfs
> and make install-clfs. Going through each of the rules and figure out
> which are common and which are specific. If that won't work, still have
> a unified package, but with LFS and CLFS rules in separate folders. But
> keeping a unified package.

Irrespective of where this originated from, I think this is a good
idea.  For probably 90% of devices there won't be any difference.
Hopefully people will be willing to compromise on the differences.  My
personal thought is that Alexander should be leading this endeavor
since he seems to have the best grasp on kernel/udev around here (not
to knock anyone else).

--
Dan