Unifying the Udev Rules Packages - My final post on this matter

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 23 10:24:09 PDT 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:
> This is my last post on this issue, like I've said I'm tired of all this
> crap. This is my opinion. I know a lot of people feel the same way I do
> about this, and would love to see the projects unified or at least some
> type of join effort between them.

And as much as you say you want a joint effort, you're unprepared to
drop your package in favour of the one that LFS is using without any
technical justification, merely saying "we had a tarball first".  It's
all talk Jim.  Convince me of the technical reasons why LFS should drop
the tarball we are currently using and I'll seriously consider it.  At
the moment it works for me (and apparently others to) so it'll stay
until someone tells me it's broken.

> My response is that currently the LFS development team, wants to work
> independent and so does the CLFS team, neither team is willing to
> collaborate with each other.

I think mine and archaic's response to your original post suggests we
*are* willing to collaborate.  There seems to be considerable push-back
from the CLFS project though.

Regards,

Matt.