Summarize of Plan and changes - was Re: Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue May 23 13:41:46 PDT 2006

To just make sure we all have a clear understanding.

1 - Repo will be created for Bootscripts and Udev rules
2 - Repo to be maintained by DJ, Alex, and Dan ( my choices). With the
Dev Teams from BLFS, CLFS, and LFS.
3 - Trunk to be maintained by DJ, Alex, and Dan.
      CLFS Branch to be maintained by CLFS Dev Team
      LFS Branch to be maintained by LFS Dev Team
      BLFS Branch to be maintained by BLFS Dev TEAM
4 - DJ, Alex, and Dan get final-say of what gets released and what gets
pulled from the BLFS, CLFS, and LFS branches
5 - Bootscripts and Udev Rules will need their own Trac to log bugs to

The only outstanding issue is the UID's/GID's, which we are the process
of making a change in CLFS to maintain the same list as LFS, but with
notes about the additional users.

Is this acceptable to all.