Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue May 23 16:04:31 PDT 2006

Archaic wrote:
> I'm really not understanding why BLFS is in this proposal. They are in
> addition to the rules needed by a base system (whether that base is
> HLFS, CLFS, or LFS). There is nothing to be gained by putting blfs rules
> in there, especially since they use cat commands to create the rules
> they need.

Because it will be one package for the entire system. No more separate
development, no separate package. The community has wanted this for
years, but everyone has ignored that fact.
> As for bootscripts, it was always my put forth that CLFS differs in
> method, but not final product, so I'm not understanding why the
> bootscripts are different, either. Any cluebats would be welcome.

Some of the different architectures require changes on the device the
bootscripts are displayed on. IE. like servers that have LCD Panels,
that don't have the ability to have computer monitor's hooked up to them.