Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue May 23 20:05:41 PDT 2006

Archaic wrote:
> What stupid game? I'm pointing out that the goal of unification has
> already started. The changes made thus far should not be thrown out just
> because that are in the lfs repo. They should be copied into the new
> repo and continued.

I'll get the repo and trac up on cross-lfs.org. Once Dan or Alex
accepts, I will give them the necessary admin rights to maintain the
package. Once I get the repo up, I will copy the lfs and clfs rules into
branches/clfs and branches/lfs respectivly. Leaving trunk to what ever
Dan or Alex wants to do. This needs to be an LFS neutral project. Once
all the devs are signed up in trac, I will then assign all the lfs devs
access to branches/lfs and branches/clfs, but giving Dan or Alex full
control over trunk. Dan or Alex can then ask other devs to contribute
into trunk, and we would give them the appropriate rights to do so.

I will let Dan or Alex setup the trac anyway they see fit to do so, if
they want a mailing list, we can get that probably setup in lfs.org or
cross-lfs.org.

The bottom line is that both bootscripts and udev rules need to be an
LFS neutral project.