Unifying the Udev Rules Packages

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 24 10:13:55 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Jim Gifford wrote these words on 05/24/06 00:19 CST:
>
>>Just let us know who you want to have full access, and those he only
>>need access to branches/lfs or branches/clfs. I can work offline with
>>you on this.
>
> Jim, you sure went to a lot of work without even getting approval
> from the Project Leaders.

I dunno, maybe it's less work in Jim's mind to set up an SVN repo, the
associated user accounts, etc. than simply posting a patch to lfs-dev to
fix up the udev rules so they can be used in CLFS?  Even a patch isn't
necessary, just a concrete list of issues CLFS has with the rules in
LFS/trunk/udev-config so at least we've got something to consider
compromising over.  I've repeatedly asked for that but so far I can't
recall seeing such a list.  Oh well, so much for the
cooperation/coordination.

Matt.