OFFICIAL PROPOSAL.

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 29 05:10:10 PDT 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 04:59:14PM +0300, Ag Hatzimanikas wrote:

> I propose the creation of a new udev/bootscript/kernel/doc team.
> I nominate  Alexander Patrakov as the new Leader of this project,
> and also  Dan Nicholson, DJ Lucas, Ken Moffat as members of the team.

 I've been away from my machines for the weekend, now I'm trying to
efficiently catch up with my mail.  Maybe I'm just slow, but I don't
understand the scope of this.  I was happy with the earlier proposal
for good people to handle unified bootscripts, but I'm not overjoyed
at a proposal that might commit me to having to understand udev :)

 Specifically, what kernel and documentation things would be in
scope for this project ?  I think Alexander's point was that certain
kernel "features" impact udev.

Ken