PROPOSAL -- new group to handle multi-project tasks

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 30 08:51:25 PDT 2006

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I truly don't think anything I have said in this email is news. It's
> been suggested before by a few people. The ideas got lost or
> misunderstood. After talking to Jim and Matt we're all on the same page
> now and the idea of letting a group of people who are more specialized
> in this take over is one we all agree is a good way to go about it.
>
> Right now people have been suggested that would become part of this
> group to deal with the current outstanding tasks of udev and bootscripts.

I agree with this proposal. If we do indeed go this way, one thing I
would suggest is that before this group is officially created, a
definite leader is determined and a general manifesto created. A simple
one, but one that makes it clear what the purpose of this project is and
is yet flexible enough to allow for the new possibilities as you've said.

I'm suggesting this because I think it would help keep *everyone* in all
projects clear on the purpose and goal of this team.

--
JH