PROPOSAL -- new group to handle multi-project tasks

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 30 09:58:58 PDT 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:

> It's called coordination, when your getting ready to add a new daemon to
> the book contact the team.

I personally think there should be at least one member of each of the
book's editorial staff (whoops...volunteers!) who has commit privileges
to the new repository.  That way there isn't so much of a bottleneck if
the other members of the project aren't available for whatever reason.
I agree that a nightly tarball should be generated so that books can
grab the bootscript at an early opportunity.  That leaves the new team
to simply coordinate efforts, resolve disputes, and produce stable
releases as and when felt necessary.

Regards,

Matt.