Question about a sentence in shadow instructions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 30 12:01:52 PDT 2006

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> back to r3228 (2004)).  I think it can just be pulled, unless someone
> with a proper understanding of what it's trying to get at can shed some
> light?

That's an ancient left over. There was a time many years ago (well
before 2004) where pwconv didn't always do a good job and password
conversion didn't always work. Sometimes you were left unable to login
until you ran passwd to set the password again.

This sentence doesn't apply anymore. Go ahead and remove it.