udev-103

Kris van Rens krisvanrens.list at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 13:38:33 PST 2006

Hi Stef,

Stef Bon wrote:
> Nov  1 09:08:56 localhost udevd[920]: get_netlink_msg: unable to receive
> kernel netlink message: Socket operation on non-socket
> Nov  1 09:08:56 localhost udevd[920]: get_ctrl_msg: unable to receive user
> udevd message: Socket operation on non-socket

I don't have a clue actually, but I'd say just revert to the latest
working version of udev.

Maybe you should try the linux-hotplug-devel mailinglist
(linux-hotplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.org).

Be sure to provide system information, like compiler, kernel etc. etc.
System logs. Anything relevant. You could also try to check some output
from 'udevmonitor'.

First try their archives of course, but I can't recall a recent error
like this one.

Veel succes!

-Kris