expect patch testing

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 1 15:29:53 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> So, I'm not sure where this leaves us.

Exactly where you were before. Nothing has changed.

> The bug does still seem to exist
> in expect, but, at least currently, the test-suites that make use of
> expect seem unaffected by the inclusion or absence of the patch.

No. This is a completely intermittent and/or random failure mode. Some
folks see it. Some do not. A while back I ran without the patch and
stopped seeing failures and removed the patch from DIY. But then I
promptly received reports that folks started seeing failures again.

The expect maintainer says it's a bug in tcl. But good luck trying to
manufacture a self-contained tcl test case..

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/