expect patch testing

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 1 15:57:59 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Was taking a peek at this ticket:
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/1625

Thanks Jeremy, and a belated welcome back!

> So, I'm not sure where this leaves us. The bug does still seem to exist
> in expect, but, at least currently, the test-suites that make use of
> expect seem unaffected by the inclusion or absence of the patch.

I seem to remember similar results to yours last time I looked into it
(though I didn't do full builds like yours).  I couldn't get the bug to
be tickled by GCC's testsuite but could tickle it using HJL's testcase.
  I think Greg Schafer reported one of his machines encountered the
problem in GCC's testsuite.  As Trac seems to have lost the original
test script I put up, I've added another one (I'd lost the original one
too!).

Regards,

Matt.