udev-103

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Nov 3 09:37:23 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 08:21:55AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 11/2/06, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 07:29:05AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >> You need at least CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK
> >
> >I'm not so sure on that.  Isn't netfilter the filtering (i.e. iptables)
> >interface?
>
> Oops. You're right. Apparently you'll have netlink just with CONFIG_NET.
>
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0511.3/0304.html

And I have to think that the OP has CONFIG_NET turned on.  So it's still
back to needing the debug info from udevd.

Although actually, the problem messages from both socket() and bind()
are logged as errors -- so the important bits may be logged without
having to mess with the log level.  We'd just need to see what errno is
getting set to (which corresponds to the string that gets put into the
log message).