udev-103

Stef Bon stef at bononline.tk
Fri Nov 3 13:29:50 PST 2006

Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 08:21:55AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> >
>> >I'm not so sure on that.  Isn't netfilter the filtering (i.e. iptables)
>> >interface?
>>
>> Oops. You're right. Apparently you'll have netlink just with CONFIG_NET.
>>
>> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0511.3/0304.html
>
> And I have to think that the OP has CONFIG_NET turned on.  So it's still
> back to needing the debug info from udevd.
>
> Although actually, the problem messages from both socket() and bind()
> are logged as errors -- so the important bits may be logged without
> having to mess with the log level.  We'd just need to see what errno is
> getting set to (which corresponds to the string that gets put into the
> log message).

Hi,

I would like to thank you for all the comments.

Right now I'v got udev-0.96 reinstalled.

I would like to reinstall the udev-103 with debugging to check the errors. I
do agree with you I have to investigate this futher. It looks that the
errors are not the cause but only a sympton if you know what I mean. I'll
try this within a couple of days.

Stef