bash and msgfmt

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:09:45 PST 2006

On 11/12/06, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > In fact, it's probably simpler if we just pass --disable-nls to
> > everything since the localization just bloats /tools anyway. DIY has
> > been doing this for a long time by putting enable_nls=no in a
> > CONFIG_SITE file.
>
> Well, at least for /tools, I'd vote for using --disable-nls everywhere.
> And if we're going to do that, it might be a good opportunity to use
> config.site and show the value of it.

You will hear no complaints from me if we start using CONFIG_SITE. The
danger is that you get into a habit that you expect all packages to be
autotooled and respect those settings. Still, it's extremely powerful.
Most packages I install are truly CMMI now. Except for packages that
insist on installing those pesky static libraries.

> OT: Dan, did you see my comments from last night on the 'Upgrade to
> Linux-2.6.18' thread? I'm only asking because I realize posting to a
> long-finished thread lessens the chance of people actually reading it.
> :) If you saw it and chose not to comment, well, just ignore this. ;)

Yes I did. An excellent suggestion. You can see my response over there.

--
Dan