Upgrade to Linux-2.6.18

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 12 15:45:21 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> I like this better. Cleaner, shorter, and it uses the defaults from
>> the package. And doing the check doesn't hurt ever. Jeremy, what tools
>> are needed in the check? I just don't want to add to the host system
>> requirements for the Ch. 5 headers.
>
> Not sure what it uses when checking - yet. I'll try to take a peek at
> that later tonight.

Using 'headers_check' basically boils down to the Makefile(s) calling a
short script after 'headers_install' has been finished, namely,
'scripts/hdrcheck.sh'. This is it in its entirety:

#!/bin/sh

for FILE in `grep '^[ \t]*#[ \t]*include[ \t]*<' $2 | cut -f2 -d\< | cut
-f1 -d\> | egrep ^linux\|^asm` ; do
     if [ ! -r $1/$FILE ]; then
         echo $2 requires $FILE, which does not exist in exported headers
         exit 1
     fi
done

It seems that it's just making use of coreutils and grep.

--
JH