Upgrade to Linux-2.6.18

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 25 09:28:23 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Alright, I can see where you're coming from. So ideally, to make use of
> the 'headers_check' target, you would run something like:
>
> make mrproper
> make headers_install
> make headers_check
> cp -av usr/include/* /tools/include

This would be my preferred set of instructions.  I don't think the fact
that headers_check re-runs everything that 'headers_install' just did
causes us any problems other than the negligible time that's wasted.
Obviously, if it causes "real" problems, I'll change my preference.

By using this procedure it means there's less to change once 2.6.19 goes
in.  Greg, would you care to enlighten us as to problems with the 2.6.19
  'headers_install' procedure - I was hoping it'd just be a drop-in
replacement!

Thanks,

Matt.