r7874 - in trunk/bootscripts: . lfs/init.d

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Nov 26 06:20:07 PST 2006

I wrote:
> This is a bug in udev, and should be fixed there.

I take this back. LFS does the correct thing now. Sorry for the noise.

Basically, my mistake is that I didn't read this thread up to the end,
and assumed that the copy-rules-back technique is against the upstream
wishes:

The problem with Debian assumption was raised in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=115581923924760&w=2

I got confused by
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=115592404915821&w=2

The need to copy rules was documented by Kay Sievers in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=115746315632014&w=2
(but, ideally, it should go into udev tarball, into the "example/dummy"
initscript, as promised).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov