r7874 - in trunk/bootscripts: . lfs/init.d

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Nov 26 11:15:38 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> LFS does the correct thing now.

Well, it will as soon as the bootscripts package gets regenerated and
put into the book.  ;-)

> The need to copy rules was documented by Kay Sievers in
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=115746315632014&w=2

Ah; now that you point to it, I do remember reading that.  But after
reading it, I seem to have promptly forgotten about it.

So what we have in SVN is actually documented as required, albeit only
on the mailing lists.

> (but, ideally, it should go into udev tarball, into the
> "example/dummy" initscript, as promised).

Maybe I should make one of those for them too.  Probably all it needs is
"mount sysfs, run udevtrigger, run udevsettle, optionally wait 5 seconds
for USB and run udevsettle again" in the udev script, and then this loop
followed by "udevtrigger --retry-failed" in the udev_retry script.