Minor build order breakage

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 30 08:11:09 PST 2006

Hello All,

On a system based on very recent LFS development (last week or so...) I
see this:

# grep /tools /usr/bin/* -R
/usr/bin/mk_cmds:SED=/tools/bin/sed

This is because e2fsprogs is built before our final sed. (The book even
mentions in the Appendix that sed must be built before e2fsprogs.) IIRC,
we did this so that we could run the testsuite of coreutils. The
breakage seems minor; it's limited to the one file, which is a shell
script. We could fix this by either re-building/installing e2fsprogs
after sed, or adding something like this to the end of the sed
installation:

sed -i 's@/tools@/usr@' /usr/bin/mk_cmds

Or are there any other ideas?

--