Sysklogd vs. Linux Headers

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 3 10:44:26 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I can't remember seeing this being reported before but I've just seen
the following when trying to compile Sysklogd-1.4.1 against the headers
installed via the Linux-2.6.18's 'make headers_install' target:

gcc  -O3 -DSYSV -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -fno-strength-reduce -DFSSTND
  -c ksym_mod.c
In file included from ksym_mod.c:97:
module.h:31:24: error: asm/atomic.h: No such file or directory
ksym_mod.c:102:27: error: linux/linkage.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [ksym_mod.o] Error 1

Oddly enough, both of those errors are actually caused by the fixes-1
patch we apply to the upstream tarball.  Does anyone have an updated
patch, by any chance?  Or did I screw something up in my headers
installation?

Thanks,

Matt.