kdebase vs. linux headers

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 5 15:01:35 PDT 2006

Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:27:31 +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> Looking at
>> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/3.5.5/kdebase/kcontrol/joystick/joydevice.h?rev=591452&view=markup,
>> that would appear to be the correct fix too!
>
> Strongly disagree. That's a workaround. The headers should compile with
> the -ansi flag. End of story IMHO.

Sorry, that was very loose use of the English language there!  I meant
to say that it was the upstream approved "fix".  As it is, I've just
reported this to David Woodhouse so we'll see what happens.  I know from
the two threads you kindly linked to, Greg, that David is already aware
of issues with __STRICT_ANSI__ but I thought another report wouldn't
hurt in potentially getting it back onto his radar :-)

It looks like the fix[0] that Ismail Donmez is working on is hitting a
couple of problems[1] :-(

Thanks,

Matt.

[0] http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0609.3/1418.html