kdebase vs. linux headers

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Oct 5 15:51:44 PDT 2006

Ken Moffat wrote:
> I suppose "correct" comes down to finding out why asm-i386/types.h
> has this two-part condition in the first place.

I've seen some remarks in the gcc list archives[0] about "long long" and
ISO C++:

> Does 'long long' conflict with ISO C++? Yes, if no diagnostics is
> issued.

[sic]

Now, I just did some testing with "long long" and g++ (4.1.1) to see how
it handled it.  It seems to accept it just fine unless you add -pedantic
(then it errors, saying "long long is not supported in ISO C++").  So it
looks like the kernel check isn't required (at least for gcc/g++).

[0] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-06/msg00375.html