Udev fb[0-9]* permissions

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Mon Oct 9 09:40:11 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 11:50 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> > KERNEL=="fb[0-9]*", MODE="0620", GROUP="video"
> >
> That's a bug. Must be 0660, because there is no such thing as
> "write-only mmap" in Linux.

Another locally added bug in the udev rules :(

I sort of fear to bring it up again, since last time it only caused even
more rule files to get copied, but wouldn't it make sense to take the
50-udev-default.rules from the suse directory (since they're well
maintained) and the rest from the udev directory, and patch as needed,
instead of "forking" all the files?

In any case, calling the default rules "25-lfs.rules" is probably not
too good, since it contradicts with both the udev documentation and
other distros.