Bonding ifup-script for LFS 6.2

Philox / Jonathan Salomon joni at philox.eu
Tue Oct 10 08:52:43 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have adjusted the
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifup script from LFS 6.2 a bit so that it
can handle network bonding (with dhcp), because the hint on bonding at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/ethernet-bonding.txt
dates back to 2003 and as far as I can tell it doesn't work with LFS 6.2
and DHCP. The attached script
could use some adjustments (so it will work with every kind of service
not only dhclient). I have attached my adjusted script to this mail. It
hope it helps someone and I would very much like for it to be included
with the next LFS release.

Basically the script ignores the slave bonding devices until the master
is set. Then the script checks using ethtool if a device is a bonding
device and if so it will find the config files that reference to that
bonding device as their master and enslave them to the bonding master.
Therefore the bonding slaves should have a config similar as follows:

[root at www1 /etc/sysconfig/network-devices] cat ifconfig.wan0/dhclient
MASTER="bond0"
ONBOOT="yes"

Please let me know if you would like to include it in a new version and
if you have comments/suggestions to make it better.

Thanks!

--
Philox, Ltd
Jonathan Salomon