Udev fb[0-9]* permissions

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Sat Oct 14 16:58:04 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 00:50 +0200, Barius Drubeck wrote:
> On Sunday 15 October 2006 00:27, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> > most LFS-people like the fact that it's pretty distro neutral and
> > that you use mostly vanilla software.
> Indeed.  So I puzzled how does that strengthen the argument for using
> the udev rules from another distro?

Because the maintainer of that other distro is also the upstream
maintainer of the program, and the rules are generic. It's not like YaST
is being called from them.

But as I said, an external 50-udev-default.rules file could be
maintained if needed, it just seems silly to duplicate all the example
rules. If they need fixing, doing so with patches and submit them
upstream is the right thing to do.